What to do in Madrid centre
Discover what to do in Madrid city centre if you are visiting the capital. The best cultural, gastronomic and leisure plans in the heart of Madrid.
What to do in Madrid centre
Madrid is a city full of life, brimming with cultural and artistic activities, a rich gastronomic offer and entertainment on every corner, although it is in the city centre where you will find the most interesting activities. In the heart of the Spanish capital there are plenty of plans and things to do, check them out!
Things to do in the centre of Madrid
Here are some of the best things to do in Madrid centre if you are visiting the city:
- Discover Madrid’s history by touring the Spanish capital’s most emblematic squares and monuments: Puerta del Sol, Plaza Cibeles and Plaza Mayor or the Royal Palace are a must if you’re spending a few days in the city.
- Do you like outdoor sports? Go for a run or do yoga in Parque del Retiro, Madrid’s green lung, an ideal place to exercise in the shade of the trees.
- Enjoy a shopping day in Preciados and the Sol area or find some treasures at the El Rastro flea market. If you’re looking for luxury, you’ll find it in the shops on Calle Serrano. Clothes, accessories, books, art… the shopping options in Madrid city centre are endless.
- Venture on a gastronomic route through the streets of Madrid, where you’ll find countless taverns and tapas bars where you can sample the best dishes. In the centre is the well-known Mercado de San Miguel, where you can sample the most typical Madrilenian gastronomy.
- Live a unique cultural experience by visiting the best museums in Madrid. Classics such as the Thyssen, Reina Sofía, El Prado are located in the heart of the capital, where you can also visit some lesser-known museums such as the Wax Museum, the History Museum or the Caixa Forum.
- Enjoy Madrid from the sky from one of the city’s rooftops and observation decks. The Temple of Debod and the Moncloa Lighthouse offer some of the best panoramic views of the capital’s skyline. Or if you prefer to sip a cocktail while you gaze out over Madrid’s rooftops, the sky bar Osadía has a terrace with privileged views.
What to do in Madrid city centre at night
When the sun goes down and night falls, Madrid changes its face to become a city that never sleeps. In the centre of the capital there is nightlife for all kinds of people: theatres, karaoke venues, bars, clubs, pubs…
A good option to start the night in Madrid is to get tickets for the best musicals on Madrid’s Gran Vía or some of the theatres in La Latina. Another idea is to discover the culture of flamenco by attending one of the concerts in the legendary Corral de la Morería or the Tablao de la Villa. You can continue the night in the bars of Malasaña and finish in one of the nightclubs in the centre of Madrid, such as the famous Teatro Kapital.
Holiday flats in Madrid
Are you already planning your next visit to Madrid? SmartRental offers you to stay in one of our flats in Madrid city centre. Fully furnished and equipped with all the facilities for home-like stay, our flats are ideal to discover the heart of Madrid, either with your family, as a couple or with friends.
We have the best accommodation options in the most central areas of the capital: Puerta del Sol, La Latina, Atocha and Chueca. Check out all the flats we have at your disposal in the heart of Madrid and make your reservation, we look forward to seeing you soon!